2014 was a great year.
10. Daniel Gracie & Rolles Gracie vs. Takashi Iizuka & Toru Yano (NJPW Invasion Attack)
9. John Cena vs. Randy Orton (Royal Rumble)
8. L.A. Park vs. Máscara Sagrada vs. Pirata Morgan vs. Demon Clown vs. Dr. Wagner Jr. vs. Hijo De Dos Caras (IWRG Zona XXI, July 27th)
7. Gunner vs. Ken Anderson (Impact, August 14th)
6. Big E vs. Titus O’Neil (SmackDown, May 30th)
5. Cameron vs. Naomi (Raw, September 15th)
4. Alberto Del Rio vs. Batista (Elimination Chamber)
3. Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar (Wrestlemania XXX)
2. Divas Battle Royal (Main Event, April 15th)
1. Goldust vs. Fandango (Raw, March 17th)
Unlike other years, there wasn’t many flat-out awful botch-fests in 2014.
There were plenty of boring or disappointing matches, but you can keep those. (i.e. Titus O’ Neil vs. Darren Young, Samoa Joe vs. Magnus, Sam Shaw vs. Ken Anderson, Layla vs. Summer Rae for the right to do the Fandango etc.)
If a match is boring, I forget it. If a match is botchy or flat-out awful, then it’s embraced. Then again, I had suggestions for everything from John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar to Enzo Amore vs. Sylvester Lefort so I’m sure this’ll cause some debate. Because wrestling fans.
I’ll be doing a separate video for the bad endings of the year, because it’s weird seeing people call stuff like Bray Wyatt vs. Dean Ambrose one of the worst matches of the year just because of the ending of the match.
Thanks to C-Higgy for reminding me of the IWRG match.
Edit: Judging by the comments, there’s two things to address. One is the difference in opinion on crowd chanting counting as a ‘botched match’ and there’s arguments for if it does or it doesn’t. I know there’s a crowd chant every Raw now but the two matches featured I thought were deserving of ”Holy shit, look at this fucking match with this fucking crowd” status.
The other’s the Undertaker match. Everyone I asked regarding their opinion suggested the match because so many people saw The Dead Man’s streak die on it’s dead arse…and as soon as I include it, people are unhappy because Undertaker got concussed and therefore I’m making fun of an injury and therefore a dick.
So I’ll compromise, because there’s people who think crowd chants suck and rock and Undertaker’s match was funny and not funny, I’ll make a separate video with no crowd chants or Undertaker. That way, it’s on your hands!