It’s Wrestlemania season, meaning WWE’s replaying all the clips you’ve seen again and again (HOGAN SLAMMING ANDRE, HBK ABSEILING, DONALD TRUMP CALLING BOBBY LASHLEY ”A BLACK GENTLEMAN”) so let’s go the other way and look at some of the best (worst?) botched match endings at a Wrestlemania. Because it’s only Wrestlemania, no pressure.
Ariston Advert Music
Bobo’s Roost by Kozue Ishikawa (Wario Land 2)
Time Is Running Out by Muse
How I Feel by Flo Rida
1. Hulk Hogan vs. Sid Justice (Wrestlemania VIII)
2. Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle (Wrestlemania XIX)
3. Hardcore Battle Royal (Wrestlemania 2000)
4. Bret Hart vs. Bob Backlund (Wrestlemania XI)
5. Mickie James vs. Trish Stratus (Wrestlemania XXII)
6. The Fabulous Moolah vs. Velvet Mcintrye (Wrestlemania II)
7. Fandango vs. Chris Jericho (Wrestlemania XXIX)
8. Tito Santana vs. Shawn Michaels (Wrestlemania VIII)
9. Money In The Bank (Wrestlemania XXVI)
10. Kurt Angle vs. Kane (Wrestlemania X8)
The Undertaker vs. Jimmy Snuka (Wrestlemania VII)
Dino Bravo vs. Texas Tornado (Wrestlemania VII)
Diesel vs. Shawn Michaels (Wrestlemania XI)
I was going to have Lesnar vs. Angle as number one, but they actually managed to finish the match as planned (somehow). Plus it was a clean finish. Even if Wrestlemania VIII’s ending had worked out as planned, it still meant a DISQUALIFICATION ENDING FOR THE MAIN EVENT OF WRESTLEMANIA. Plus, Sid left immediately afterwards. And the rumours of Ultimate Warrior being played by Kerry Von Erich started because of how different Warrior looked during his appearance. We never got Sid vs. Warrior, sadly. Or Sid vs. Kerry Von Erich. Those would have been some great promos.
Miz vs. Cena was going to get a mention but due to Miz getting a concussion in the match and the slight backlash I got from including Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker match in a previous vid, concussions are a no-go. Yes, even if it’s The Miz.
Hey remember when Fandango pinned Jericho?
I admit, I don’t have a source on Sherri forgetting to hold down Michaels’ leg for the finish, but given how weird the finish looked and Santana immediately popping up, I’m going to take an educated guess.
The Velvet Mcintrye match hasn’t been officially confirmed anywhere, as far as I know. *something* happened, anyway.
In Titan Sinking, Bret Hart called the Backlund match his worst singles PPV match ever.