Raw 23/1/12 In Brief!
- Ziggler just stopped during an irish whip so he could strut. Ziggler has never been better, hope he wins at Rumble. Apart from that, I don’t care about the Punk/Ace feud.
- Kane annihilated Ryder. The whole Cena/Kane/Ryder/Eve storyline has been fun to watch as it’s so old school compared to the rest of the show. Evil Dude fucks up Nice Friend on TV so you tune in to see Evil Dude get pounded on PPV by The Hero. That’s basically every Bond film. I was hoping for Cena to get on his knees and shout ”BUCCKKYYYY!” as Ryder was driven away in the ambulance, but instead we got Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Cena Evil.
- Kane hasn’t got a hope in hell of winning at the Rumble, but it’s Kane. He’s been buried more times than Dracula and the crowd still cheers for him.
- I think Barrett is feuding with Sheamus. He didn’t do anything other than commentate over Shame-Us’ match. What happened to heels who attacked the guy they were feuding with rather than stare like a dirty perv all match and then run away at the first sign of offence? Sure it works with guys like The Miz, but when Barrett’s built up as as man with a bare-knuckled past and then runs away like Scott Steiner avoiding a piss-test, it just makes him look like British Swagger. Sheamus threatened to win the Rumble. DEAR GOD NO.
- So what is Miz’s character anyway? Bad wrestler with delusions of grandeur or serious heel who happens to look like a lesbian duck? He can’t be both, surely.
- If you tuned in to Raw over the last few months, you’d think WWE were building to a Johnny Can’tSpellHisSurnameWithoutGoogle vs. Punk main event at Wrestlemania. Maybe they are, they seem to be blowing off every other feud that isn’t Cena/Rock before ‘Mania.
- Still no opinion of Brodus Clay. I’m going to see if WWE actually has a long-term plan for him or if he’ll do his schtick for a few weeks until they’ll lose interest and use him to get Dean Ambrose over. At the minute though, it’s entertaining me.
- R-Truth is still my favourite thing about Raw. ”Quack Quack!”
- I love that Johnny Ace deemed Otunga a ”suitable replacement” after they stressed Ace hadn’t wrestled in nearly fifteen years. Otunga is beyond terrible and seeing as he’s being paid to drink coffee and job to Punk and cardboard boxes, WWE knows this.
- Check out Johnny Face.
- Who’s winning the Rumble? I never get it right, but I’d guess Jericho. Your thoughts/guesses?
Botch Count: Guy in Ryder shirt getting hit with camera during intro, Cole talking about Stan HENSON, Cena calling spots with Swagger and Johnny messing up his lines near the end.
(Images courtesy of MrBrandonStroud, MaxxBlood, DAREALGUMMY, Jamerson Scanlon and James Woods)